elevate your practice:
9 solid reasons to invest in yoga workshops
by: Kellee Rich, RYT
‘The ultimate aim of yoga is to empower you to see, feel and live fearlessly. The greatest accomplishment of practice is to fully be the luminous being you were meant to be.” – Rod Stryker
So, you practice a few times a week, you have already invested in a monthly unlimited pass, and you are fully dedicated to your yoga practice. Yet, you are curious about all these intriguing workshops being offered at your local yoga studio. Then you figure out that the workshops are not included in your unlimited pass or class card. Bummer. That’s okay, usually workshops are pretty affordable, between $20-$60, and this minimal expense turns a major profit in your yoga practice. That’s a promise.
Well, what are you waiting for? Just go for it!
Elevate your practice: 9 SOLID Reasons to Invest in Yoga Workshops:
(1) Alignment & Technique: Rarely is there time in yoga classes to explore and go in-depth on issues like alignment and technique that are imperative to taking your practice to the next level. Workshops provide the perfect platform for exploration of alignment based yoga and cues you can take with you and apply in your regular practice, plus learn new and effective pranayama techniques and tricks to activating the Uiijai Breath. The knowledge you gain is priceless!
(2) Build Confidence & Yoga-Based Knowledge: If you are serious about your practice, workshops help you go deeper, discovering new and profound information, building your confidence level and enabling you to grow your yoga-based knowledge. Feel confident when discussing yogic philosophies with your teachers and fellow students!
(3) Create Positive Change from the Inside Out: Anytime we have the opportunity to go deeper, we open ourselves up to creating positive change in our lives. Yoga is just one tool that allows us to create this change from the inside out.
(4) Investment in Yourself: There is no greater thing to invest both time and money in, than yourself. This is your yoga journey. Each workshop you take will build on your personal practice, as well as providing support for further growth.
(5) Questions Answered: Workshops provide an open forum and platform for asking questions and getting the in-depth answers you are seeking. Also, the workshop has a different design format than your typical yoga class, and allots time for Q&A sessions.
(6) Be Inspired: Years of practice can result in lulls in motivation, plateaus in ability, and breaks in your yoga regime. Workshops provide specific topics to rejuvenate your practice and inspire you to get back to your mat daily.
(7) Topic Specific, Focus & Go Deeper: Workshops are topic specific, meaning you can focus your practice and knowledge, and go deeper into your practice. Topics may vary, but the following include many common themes for workshops: Philosophy, the Yoga Sutras, Yoga Anatomy, Inversions, Sound Healing and Meditation, just to name a few.
(8) Get Connected & Build Your Yoga Community: There is almost no better way to connect to and build your yoga community than to participate in workshops. Meet new friends, foster ongoing relationships with teachers and students alike, and maybe even meet a yoga buddy to motivate you on your yoga journey.
(9) For the Love of Yoga: If nothing else, do it for the love of yoga. Workshops allow us to cover a multitude of subject-matter in a short amount of time. When choosing which workshops to attend, really dig deep and question what it is that you want to explore deeper in the vast and infinite arena of yogic knowledge. It is an investment worth while.
Yoga Studio Tahoe has many upcoming Workshop offerings designed to elevate and inspire your yoga practice.
- Sunday, November 22 @ 2-4 pm – Restorative Yoga & Sound Healing with Kate Leist – Cost $25 pre-Registration/$30 Day of Event.
- Sunday, November 29 @ 2-4 pm – Inversions for Everyone Workshop with Meghan Ruiz – Cost $30 pre-Registration/$40 Day of Event.
- Sunday, December 6 @ 1-4 pm – Yoga 101: An Intro to Yoga Workshop with Kellee Rich – Cost $30 pre-Registration/$40 Day of Event.
- Saturday, January 2 @ 1-3:30 pm – Grounding into a New Year with Shaelah Morris – Cost $35 pre-Registration/$40 Day of Event.
- Sunday, February 14, 2015 – Yoga Studio Tahoe welcomes MC YOGI – Cost $45 pre-Registration/$60 Day of Event.
We recommend that you sign up early, as many of these workshops fill up fast! To enroll, go to www.yogastudiotahoe.com/workshops or contact us at email@example.com. Be inspired and invest in your yoga practice today!
About: Kellee Rich. A poet and writer, full-time yoga teacher and devout mom, in her hometown of Truckee CA, Kellee enjoys spending her time outside the studio with her family and friends by practicing SUP Yoga, paddleboarding, snowboarding, and immersing herself in Nature. She holds a BA in English Literature from SNC (Sierra Nevada College, a 4-year Liberal Arts School in Incline Village NV.) Kellee is a Lyme Disease and Stroke survivor, and is currently working on a memoir about living with and surviving Lyme, focusing specifically on how yoga saved her life. Poetry and yoga go hand-in-hand in Kellee’s world, and she brings this eclectic mix of inspiration and empowerment to her students and in her yoga and meditation classes.