info and etiquette
Tips for the best yoga class possible!
1st: Getting to know us and the practice of yoga
- Come well hydrated and eat lightly 2-3 hours prior to your practice.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to find parking, sign in and familiarize yourself with our facilities. Classes begin promptly & are subject to room capacity. Latecomers will not be accommodated.
- During storms will we keep the door open for 10 minutes after the start of class.
- During storms check the website for updated schedule to see if we are still holding class (we do our best not to cancel).
- Please remove your shoes in the designated area when you enter the center. Classes are practiced barefoot and in lightweight clothing.
- Be sure to advise your teacher before class if you are new (first 10 classes), have an injury/medical condition or are pregnant.
- Please keep your voices low in the center as classes may be in session.
- Please leave valuables and personal belongings at home, or in the designated storage areas of the center.
- Ensure cell phones are turned OFF while in the center.
- Please avoid wearing perfume or scents.
2nd: During your class
- Once the instructor begins class, refrain from talking to others during the class.
- Remember to pick up and neatly put away props used during the class.
- To maximize benefits from your practice, stay for a full savasana, the final relaxation pose.
- Use a yoga mat and a towel, especially in a Hot class where you will sweat. If you don’t have one, rentals are available at the front desk (if you are slipping, it is not safe).
- Go at your own pace. Be gentle and respectful towards your body, never moving to the point of pain.
- Drink plenty of water before and after each class, especially if you are practicing hot yoga.
- If you must leave early, tell the instructor in advance, place your mat near the door and leave quietly before everyone gets into savasana, the final relaxation pose.